Thursday, April 2, 2009

Custom Cards 1

Most of us have had those moments where we are playing Magic and we come across a situation that makes us think "Man, they should make a card that..." Well, I found an awesome program called Magic Set Editor that allows you to make custom cards using authentic Magic templates. It's a lot of fun, let me tell you.

I'll post several of my custom cards from time to time, just for fun. I'll try to do a new one every week. My readers are always welcome to leave comments and ideas for their own cards as well.

So here's this week's card:



My roommate is a huge Symphony X fan, and when he bought their newest album, I absolutely loved the cover art by Warren Flanagen. So I decided to make a card using that piece of artwork.

The untap ability is an intriguing mechanic because it requires a bit more planning and strategy. Although a good card to play right away on turn 3, it would be best to wait till you have 5 mana available in order to take advantage of the untap ability that same turn. Either way, a few of these on the offensive will get nasty real quick.

So that's Metallic Valkyrie! May she pummel her way into your heart. : )

No comments: